Thank you for ordering your broadband service from Gigaclear!
Gigaclear have designed and built the infrastructure which brings your ultrafast, full fibre broadband connection to your property.
You will notice that outside on the boundary of your property is a Point of Termination (POT). From this POT the fibre is connected from the cabinet. However, we don’t connect the fibre to your property until a service is ordered. Now that you have placed an order, we need to connect the fibre from the POT to your property. This will enable you to have up to a full gigabit speed to your router.
How do you install?
- The first step will involve a member of our team coming out to survey the route from the POT to your property.
- The technician will ask you to agree the route the cable will take form the POT to your property and where the Network Termination Equipment (NTE) will be placed. The route will be recorded on the install form and you will be asked to sign to confirm you have agreed.
- We will dig a trench from the POT to your property and lay the fibre cable. But, don’t worry, we will reinstate the surfaces as part of the installation process.
- We will drill a hole through the wall of your property to run the cable through. Once the cable is in place, we will seal the space around it with clear silicon.
- There will be a box called the Network Termination Equipment (NTE) fitted on the inside of your property where the fibre connects.
- The NTE must be fixed to a wall inside your property, close to a power socket. If the NTE is to be located away from the point in which the cable enters the house, we can run an internal cable of up to 3m.
- There must be someone over the age of 18 at the property during the installation. This is to ensure that the installation is carried out as we have agreed. If you are not able to be present, please ensure that the adult who is present understands your requirements and has your authority to agree the installation route.
- Please ensure that the route of the installation is within the boundaries of your property. If we need to install across land that you do not own, we may need permission from the landowner. Without the correct consent or permission, we will not be able to carry out the installation.
- Our network is made up of equipment which is installed in the public highway and private property using rights granted under the part of the telecommunications legislation known as the Electronic Communications Code. This Code, in conjunction with your permission, enables Gigaclear to place equipment on your property and to maintain it. You should ensure that any future purchaser of your property is made aware that the property is connected to an Ultrafast, full fibre network and the equipment has been installed with these rights.
- To prevent any damage to the equipment and loss of signal, we ask you to ensure that any future owner or any other person doing work to your property is aware of the position of the fibre cables.
Health & Safety
Your technician will carry out a risk assessment before commencing any work. Please note the following safety rules which apply to all installations:
- Technicians are not permitted to work at any premises unless a person over the age of 18 is present at all-times.
- Technicians are not permitted to enter loft spaces or eaves cupboards unless they are correctly boarded and have a walk-in entrance and are not permitted to work in confined spaces.
- Technicians are not permitted to use your ladders, stepladders, access equipment or tools.
- Technicians are not permitted to lend their tools or equipment to you to complete parts of the job or any other work.
- Technicians cannot disturb or work in the vicinity of areas where they believe that asbestos is present.
- Technicians are not permitted to work above a height of 5m.
- Technicians are not permitted to access flat roofs or roof structures.
- Technicians cannot access underground structures, spaces or excavations or lift floor boards or drill through floors or ceilings.
- Technicians are not permitted to move your furniture.
- Technicians are not able to perform specialist trenching or to install cables overhead.
How much does installation cost?
Gigaclear offer a free standard installation to customers who order our service. A standard installation means that the router in your property will be no more than 100m from the POT and there are no specialist surfaces or features to navigate during the installation process.
For full details please download our installation guide here