Smart WiFi Service Terms and Conditions
Smart WiFi Services Terms for Residential Customers
1. About Smart WiFi Services
1.1 Our Smart WiFi Services are only available to residential customers who have ordered an eligible broadband service. The addition of Smart WiFi Services will require your eligible broadband service to restart with a new minimum term. Activation fees may apply to Smart WiFi Services.
These terms and conditions apply in addition to the terms of your broadband service which you can find here.
1.2 The amount you pay for the Smart WiFi Service depends on the tier of Service you have ordered and is shown as a monthly amount, including VAT on your Order Confirmation, payable in advance. Payments must be made by direct debit. Your first payment will include the Activation Fee (if any).
1.3 We may review our charges at any time but any price changes will not apply to contracts which are still within the Minimum Term. If our prices are to change, we will give you at least one month’s notice and you will be entitled to contact us to terminate our contract in the event that you do not agree to accept our price changes.
1.4 Our Smart WiFi Services are subject to a Minimum Term, which is set out on your Order Confirmation, starting from your Activation Date. You must keep and pay for the Smart WiFi Service for the whole of the agreed Minimum Term, unless you or we are allowed to end this contract earlier.
1.5 As part of the Smart WiFi Service, we will provide to you the number of additional WiFi nodes specified for the tier of Service you have chosen, to enable you to achieve at least 10Mbps WiFi speed in every room of your home, according to the home size specified for your chosen tier. The Service tier specifications are as follows:
- Smart WiFi. This has a WiFi coverage range of approximately 180m2 and is typically suitable for homes with up to three bedrooms. We will provide one additional WiFi node to mesh with your Gigaclear powered by Linksys router to expand your WiFi coverage around the home.
- Smart WiFi Plus. This has a WiFi coverage range of approximately 270m2 and is typically suitable for homes with up to four bedrooms. We will provide two additional WiFi nodes to mesh with your Gigaclear powered by Linksys router to expand your WiFi coverage around the home.
- Smart WiFi Max. This has a WiFi coverage range of approximately 360m2 and is typically suitable for homes with up to five bedrooms. We will provide three additional WiFi nodes to mesh with your Gigaclear powered by Linksys router to expand your WiFi coverage around the home.
1.6 Gigaclear owns all additional WiFi nodes we supply to you to use the Smart WiFi Services. If at any point your contract for Broadband services or Smart WiFi Services is terminated, you must return all WiFi nodes provided to you (see clause 6 below).
2. How does Smart WiFi work?
2.1 Gigaclear Smart WiFi Service provides a mesh WiFi system consisting of your main Gigaclear powered by Linksys router and a series of one or more (depending on tier) additional satellite nodes, placed around your home. They are all part of a single wireless network and share the same SSID and password, unlike traditional WiFi routers and extenders. The mesh WiFi system will automatically use the nearest WiFi node to the device you are using to ensure you have the fastest available speed on your network.
2.2 Due to the shared use of networks and factors outside our control such as access to 3rd party content and services, your internet access availability and speed may vary from time to time. In addition, the actual speed that you experience can be affected by a number of variable factors including your router and node positioning, wall thickness and construction, size of rooms, presence of metal piping, electrical devices, fish tanks and other dense objects and the capabilities of the devices which are using the WiFi.
2.3 None of our Smart WiFi tier services will extend coverage to:
- External garages
Please note that certain barn conversions will not be suitable for coverage under the Smart WiFi services due to the construction and design of the building. For more information please contact our Customer Support team.
3. What happens if I am not getting WiFi coverage in every room?
3.1 If you are not getting at least 10 Mbps WiFi in every room of your home then please contact our Customer Support team who will provide technical assistance to make sure that you have the correct Smart WiFi Service for your home size and construction, that the WiFi nodes are correctly set up in your home and none of the factors mentioned in clause 2 above are relevant.
3.2 If you have made all the adjustments recommended by our team and you are still not getting the speed and coverage specified for your tier of Smart WiFi Service, then you may cancel the Smart WiFi Service before the end of your Minimum Term without having to pay any early termination charges. Your broadband service term will not be affected and your contract for broadband services will continue in full force and effect.
4. Can I change my Smart WiFi Service tier during my minimum term?
4.1 You may downgrade your Smart WiFi Service to a lower tier without incurring early termination charges, provided that you enter into a new Minimum Term period for both your broadband service and new Smart WiFi Service. If you downgrade to a level of Smart WiFi Service below the recommended level for your house size, we cannot guarantee the levels of speed and coverage you will experience from your Smart WiFi Service and you will not be entitled to the benefits of the cancellation rights set out in clause 3 above.
4.2 If you decide to downgrade your Smart WiFi Service, you will be required to return any additional WiFi nodes that were provided to you as part of your original Smart WiFi Service. An administration fee may be applied to process your downgrade request. For further information on return of equipment see clause 6.
4.3 You may upgrade your Smart WiFi Service provided that you enter into a new Minimum Term period for both your broadband service and new Smart WiFi Service. If you decide to upgrade your Smart WiFi Service, we will provide you with the additional WiFi nodes required as part of the upgraded Smart WiFi Service.
5. What if I no longer want my WiFi service?
5.1 Your right to cancel. You have the right to cancel your order for Smart WiFi Services by contacting Customer services within 14 days from the day after the day on which you receive your Order Confirmation. You must put your request in writing. You may use the form which we emailed to you with your Order Confirmation to do this.
5.2 If you request activation of your Smart WiFi Service within the cancellation period and we have started to provide the Smart WiFi Service, you will have to pay us the cost of the services you've received up to the point when you notify us of cancellation, including the Activation Fee (if applicable). If you cancel your order within the cooling-off period, the contract won’t end until you’ve returned the WiFi nodes (see clause 6 below).
5.3 Ending the service during the Minimum Term. If you decide to cancel your Smart WiFi Service before the end of your Minimum Term then early termination charges may apply up to the amount of the remaining charges for the Minimum Term. You must return the additional WiFi nodes (see clause 6 below). Your broadband service term will not be affected and will continue. If you give us 1 months’ notice to end the Smart WiFi Service at the end of the Minimum Term and return the WiFi nodes provided to you, then no early termination and non-return charges will apply.
5. Ending the service after the Minimum Term. If you decide to cancel your Smart WiFi Service after the end of the Minimum Term, then you must give us 1 months’ notice. The Smart WiFi Service will not end until 1 calendar month after the day on which you contact us. For example, if you tell us you want to end the service on 4 February we will continue to supply the service until 3 March. We will only charge you for supplying the service up to 3 March and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the supply of the service after 3 March (subject to any charges for non-return of equipment - see clause 6 below).
6. Return of Equipment
6. When this contract ends for any reason or if you wish to downgrade your Service, you must return to us in the manner we request all WiFi nodes we supplied to you to the following address within 14 days of the end of your contract or cancellation under clause 5.1:
Returns, Gigaclear Ltd, Building One, Wyndyke Furlong, Abingdon, OX14 1UQ.
6.2 You are responsible for the costs of returning the WiFi nodes and for ensuring that the WiFi nodes reach us in good working order and are not damaged. If you don’t return the WiFi nodes within 14 days, we will charge you for any non-returned WiFi node. For more information, please see our price guide for details of these charges.
6.3 We will test any returned WiFi nodes and if any are damaged other than through fair wear and tear, we will charge you the full replacement value and may recover those charges using your usual method of payment. For more information, please see our price guide for details of these charges.