How much does installation cost?
Gigaclear offers a free standard installation to customers who order our service. A standard installation means that the Network Termination Equipment (NTE) inside your property will be no more than 100m from the Point Of Termination (POT) and there are no specialist surfaces or features to navigate during the installation process.
For a non-standard installation, costs will be quoted following a survey at your property. No work will be carried out until the survey is completed and costs are agreed.
|Standard Installation||Non-Standard Installation|
|The installation distance between the POT and Network Termination Equipment location inside the property is no longer than 100 metres. There are no or minimal amounts of specialist surfaces to reinstate There are no outbuildings or features to avoid.||
The installation distance between the POT and the NTE location inside the property is over 100m; or;
the installation has one of more of the following features:
Things to consider.
Here is a list of things to think about to make your installation a quick and easy experience.
1. What surfaces will we be digging:
- Turf, loose soil, loose gravel then soil, compacted gravel, concrete, tarmac, flag stones*, block paving**.
- *each additional 10 metres takes about one hour to dig and reinstate with the correct tools
- **each metre takes about 30 minutes to lift and reinstate
2. Are there any garden walls or other structures to be aware of?
- For example – walls, sheds, ponds, fountains, swimming pools, garages etc
3. Where will the NTE be situated (usually on the ground floor)
- First floor – this can be accommodated, but may require more time.
- Second Floor – in most cases this will be impossible due to the restrictions on working at height listed above.
- Basement – installation in the basement may require a full survey and risk assessment, prior to commencing the works. It might mean that your property falls outside the standard installation service.
If you would like your NTE to be located at the back of the property, this is likely to increase the time and cable length required to do the job and may move your installation into the non-standard category.
Please note that the placement of your router may affect the WiFi signal in the house. Your Gigaclear powered by Linksys router should be positioned to best facilitate the signal around the house. For example, placing a router in a cupboard or out of sight under the stairs will inhibit the routers ability to transmit the WiFi signal.
4. Thickness of walls (if known)
- If your external wall is over one metre thick, please let your ISP know at the time of booking.
5. Is there anything unusual inside the property?
- Are we installing close to a radiator or other water supply?
- Are we installing in a cupboard or any other obstruction?
Please let your ISP know at the time of booking the appointment.
6. Is your property listed?
If your property is listed, you may require planning permission or consent for us to complete the installation process. A survey is conducted before the installation which will highlight the route and position of the fibre from the POT to the house. Please be aware that the installation process requires us to drill through the wall of the property to feed the fibre cable through.