Can you believe it? The average broadband user in the UK reports that they spend three and a half days a month waiting for web pages to open!
When broadband goes ‘down’ it hits the headlines, but for many, especially in rural areas, there’s no functional broadband to begin with. We’ve undertaken some research into the extent and impact of slow broadband on our lives, and the results are shocking…
Also, did you know:
- A fifth of Brits say they wait more than half an hour for a web page to load
- And 10% report they have to wait more than two hours for their streaming services to buffer
- One in ten of us feel stressed out every single time we use the internet
- Which is no surprise when the average reported time it takes us to download a single HD movie is still 55 minutes
- And it takes some people more than 16 hours!
Does this ring a bell? Want to know if you’ve got the most optimal broadband speeds for you? Find out what type of internet user you are with our ultrafast online quiz:
To find out if your rural property is eligible for a connection to our ultrafast full-fibre broadband, use our post code checker.
N.B. For those interested parties, the research was carried out amongst 2,000 UK consumers in March 2020. We used Censuswide to obtain the results, gauging personal opinion from across the breadth of the UK.