Setup Smart WiFi
Increase WiFi coverage in your home and setup Smart WiFi by adding additional WiFi nodes.
Plug the additional node into a power supply within 1 metre of your Linksys router.
Ensure that you are connected to the WiFi signal of your Linksys router.
Open the Linksys app on your mobile device or tablet.
Once in the app, open the menu.
If prompted to do so, set a unique password and password hint.
You will need to select - Add Nodes to (HOME NETWORK).
If the app prompts you to turn on Bluetooth®, please enable it. (For iOS devices, you may need to turn on Bluetooth® manually).
Follow the guidance on your app.
The app will then search for the node.
When the app has found the additional WiFi node, the purple LED light on the WiFi node will start to flash. Don’t move the mobile device or either node during this period.
Wait until the node has been added to your WiFi setup – do not move your phone, the route or the node during this time.
Once connected, the LED light on the additional node should turn a steady blue.
Unplug the additional node and move it to an open location roughly halfway between the Linksys router and where you’d like to improve your Wi-Fi signal.
If you are unable to run the app for any reason you may instead use the five-button-press method to initiate your mesh:
- Gather the nodes together within 1m of the main unit, power them all up.
- Swiftly press the reset button on the primary node 5 times in a row. The lights will start changing as each node is then initialised.
- Leave these for a few minutes until all nodes have achieved a steady blue. You may then relocate the additional nodes as you see fit.
If the additional node is too far from the router to get a good signal, the LED light will change colour to amber or blinking red if there’s no signal at all.
Things to note
- It may take some experimentation to find the best location for the additional node
- Be mindful of things that could block or interrupt the radio signal of the WiFi such as mirrors, fish tanks, intercoms, appliances etc.
- If this process fails it may be a good idea to power down all the equipment and start again
- The app should guide you through so please do follow the onscreen guidance slowly
- It may be worth trying a different node as the primary and going back through the set up
Have a question about setting up your Smart WiFi?
Email email@example.com or call 01865 591 131